current openings @ gf
Select a position from the dropdown menu to see a job description
Senior Manager / Director of Public Relations (San Jose, CA)
GlobalFluency, Inc. is a Silicon Valley-based marketing services firm specializing in content-driven thought leadership marketing and a proprietary approach we call Intelligent Market Engagement. The firm is currently seeking a Senior Manager who will report into the head of our Content Marketing and Perception Management practice, focused on driving and growing our Public and Media Relations line of business.
We are looking for an innovator and creative thinker with strong PR, communications, social, content and thought leadership development skills. You should have a solid and documented background building and running social media and integrated marketing campaigns, driving public relations campaigns and accounts, and have the capacity to build trusted client relationships.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Create compelling, dynamic content to be used across traditional, digital and interactive channels including web, social, mobile and beyond.
- Effectively manage and grow client relationships through continuous program innovation and problem solving, including development of compelling communications platforms and thought leadership agendas that resonate across press, analysts, experts and customer audiences.
- Work closely with leaders in Affinity Marketing and Creative Services to deliver integrated campaigns and new solutions.
- Take ownership and decision-making authority in all aspects of the Client's activity, including content strategy, development, multi-channel application, media relations, team resourcing, budgeting, etc.
- Establish "trusted advisor" relationships with clients, partners and key client decision-makers.
- Conduct regular account reviews (two-way feedback) with the primary Client stakeholders, manage other Client stakeholders, and monitor Client goals and overall business strategies.
- Participate in business development activity that build and grow client engagements.
Required Skills, Experience or Attributes:
- At least 10 years of experience in relevant public relations, marketing, and communications sectors, ideally with experience in key vertical segments including Financial Services, High Tech, Mobile/Wireless Technology, Marketing Services, Professional Services, Retail, e-Commerce and Security.
- Proven track record in leading, driving and developing public relations accounts and campaigns that have delivered significant results aimed at changing perceptions and molding customer opinions
- Expertise in developing communications and engagement driven social media campaigns and programs including leveraging all major platforms of social engagement, managing blogs and blog networks, as well as working with bloggers and social influencers to impact news and perceptions
- Must be a skilled content creator. Ideal candidate will be able to share a portfolio of content that includes everything from whitepapers to web copy.
- Smart, straight talking, "go-get-em" attitude. We work hard here, and will be looking for someone who is a PR specialist but also a marketing and business generalist. You will help drive new business, build and grow accounts, and service and establish new strategies to help accounts thrive.
- Tech savvy, understands the emerging/social media and digital landscape, having developed and executed campaigns across social and digital channels.
- Experience counseling and interacting with senior executives around client-side programs and industry-wide thought leadership initiatives
- Leadership skills, having managed teams, including working with cross-functional resources, creative resources and web development resources.
- A portfolio of work developed by you including a proven track-record in developing integrated marketing campaigns including Public Relations, Marketing Communications, Demand Generation, Digital/Web, Social Media, Mobile, Email marketing, and Branding
We look to constantly push the needle in creativity and results for our clients. This role is ideal for an entrepreneurial PR strategist looking to take ownership over a portfolio of clients, building and growing that business through innovative, creative and "only possible at GF" out-of-the-box thinking.
Telecommuting or Visa Assistance is not available. The Position is located in our headquarters in San Jose, California. We do NOT offer telecommuting or remote work engagements.
To apply for this position, please click on the “APPLY” button that will launch your email. Please attach your resume and cover letter (less than 5 MB total). Don’t forget to include your contact information.