current openings @ gf
Select a position from the dropdown menu to see a job description
Public Relations (PR) Associate (San Jose, CA)
GlobalFluency, a global PR and marketing firm, is seeking a Publicist/Media Relations Specialist with strong business, technology, marketing and broadcast media relations experience and solid writing skills to join our San Jose-based team.
- Placing stories through media pitching
- Management of day-to-day client relationships
- Daily monitoring of media and reporting
- Writing press releases, fact sheets, and creative pitches
- Management of editorial calendar and speaking opportunities
- Research, list building and assisting with program and presentation development for existing clients and new prospects
- Executing tactical elements of client programs from start to finish
Candidates without the following will NOT be considered for this role:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in public relations at an agency or corporate/in house
- Minimum of Bachelors Degree or higher
- Direct experience managing complex databases including contact lists, media lists or editorial calendars
- Direct experience managing client engagements and overseeing account operations
- Experience in pitching (and a book of clips and placements) specific to Business, Marketing, Technology, Green, Health, and Finance media outlets
- Knowledge of – and direct contacts with – both traditional and online media contacts
- Superior written and verbal communication skills – we will expect to review writing samples including press releases, pitches, media alerts, byline articles and web copy
- Knowledge and insight into traditional and online media outlets, including experience in leveraging social media channels for news distribution
- Experience pitching global media, including online, traditional and broadcast
- Experience managing social media campaigns across Facebook, twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- A creative flare for story-telling (even with the most technical products) and a fearlessness in chasing the big cover story
- Proactive in following through with deadlines for media and clients
- Ability to prioritize, trouble shoot and problem solve
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple assignments/projects
- Self-starter who can work independently, with minimal hour-to-hour supervision
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Multi-lingual or international business experience is a plus
The ideal candidate is an accomplished media relations professional with a proven track record in media relations, pitching and writing, client service, and project management. This individual understands the fundamentals of what makes news, how to obtain news coverage through unique angles and has the ability to work in a team environment, even when that team is spread around the globe.
Full-Time, In-House position
To apply for this position, please click on the “APPLY” button that will launch your email. Please attach your resume and cover letter (less than 5 MB total). Don’t forget to include your contact information.