current openings @ gf
Select a position from the dropdown menu to see a job description
Web Developer (San Jose, CA)
Silicon Valley marketing firm GlobalFluency (www.globalfluency.com) has an opportunity for an entry level full stack web developer ready to the next step in their career to join our in-house web team in beautiful Willow Glen, San Jose. We are looking for a full time, on-site commitment. You will be working in a busy digital agency environment so experience in this area is an advantage but not a must. More importantly, we're looking for someone with great web skills, can-do attitude and communication skills as you will be handling multiple projects with other developers alongside our creative and marketing teams.
WANT TO GET HIRED?
- We get a lot of applicants, so your application must contain two parts to be considered:
- Cover letter - reasons why your skills, experience and personality are a good fit for us
- Resume - relevant skill set and experience broken down by area-of-expertise and dates
- Online portfolio - optional but preferred
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- Architect and build backends for new and existing websites using PHP & MySQL.
- Build custom content management system for our marketing teams.
- Populate public pages marked up by our front end developers with our custom content management systems.
- Integrate with remote APIs such as LinkedIn.
WHAT DO WE WORK ON?
- We work on micro, medium and larger sites for clients and internal use.
- Our team creates websites with a high level of community interaction to facilitate our firm’s online engagement strategies, usually they need CMS support that handle up to 20 different kinds of content our marketing team will update.
- Some sophisticated features we’ve built include custom community forums, multistage approval based user registration and custom shopping carts.
- Here's some examples of sites we build: cmocouncil.org, customerexperienceboard.org, marketingmagnified.com, bpinetwork.org.
- We are a small, tight-knit team that helps each other to get a lot of quality work done.
- It’s all about content and presenting volumes of content well is what we do every day.
- We are flexible and can work to your situation, although we do ask for a full time, in-house commitment.
- We are generalists that move and learn quickly and fill in where the immediate need is.
Tertiary qualification in web development or computer science related discipline
SALARY, BENEFITS AND CONDITIONS
- This is a full time, in-house position - no remote applicants will be considered
- Health, dental and vision insurance and optional 401k
- Dog friendly, but we'll have to interview your dog too ;)
To apply for this position, please click on the “APPLY” button that will launch your email. Please attach your resume and cover letter (less than 5 MB total). Don’t forget to include your contact information.